2009 TURKEYFOOT LAKE REGATTA ~ ESTABLISHED IN 1936
Alternately hosted by South Shore Yacht Club and Portage Lakes Yacht Club
TURKEYFOOT LAKE REGATTA ~ SEPTEMBER 20, 2009 ~ 10AM to 2PM
All sailors are welcome, regardless of class or club affiliation.
- SKIPPERS MEETING: No skippers meeting is planned.
- SCORING SYSTEM: Portsmouth.
- COMMON STARTING AND FINISHING LINE: Shall be a line located in the windward leg between the race committee boat and a flagged buoy (line pin). It is permissible to cross the line during the race.
- RACE COURSE: Shall be triangular, one lap unless 2 is shown on the committee boat. The Race Committee will endeavor to set the race course with marks to port. The race course will be noted by placard on the committee boat.
- MARKS: Course marks are orange buoys. It is the responsibility of the racing yacht to locate and round the marks properly.
- STARTING SEQUENCE: Signal Flag & Sound at SIX (White), FIVE (Blue), & START (Red).
- INDIVIDUAL RECALL: Race Committee will hail premature boats. There will NOT be an X Flag posted to signify such.
- RULES: All races shall be sailed under the US Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing 2009 - 2012, except as modified by these sailing instructions. The 720 degree rule shall be in effect.
- TIME LIMIT: Ninety minutes each race.
- PROTESTS: The protesting yacht shall hail the other yacht immediately of her intent to protest and display a protest flag the first reasonable opportunity. (Flag not required of single person yacht). After crossing the finishing line, when reasonable opportunity occurs, intent to protest must be communicated to the Race Committee and its acknowledgment be received. A written protest shall be filed with the Race Committee within one hour of the docking of the Race Committee.
- AWARDS: First, Second, and Third Place overall.
- STRAGGLERS: Race committee reserves the right to finish them in place.
- LITE LUNCH AT SSYC FOLLOWING RACING - A power launch will be available to ferry PLYC sailors to and from SSYC after racing.